Panner/cottage cheese butter masala is my favorite curry, but having it frequently is not good for health, so I have got an idea to replace panner with boiled egg and I call this curry as Egg butter masala. Panner is high in calorific value so, many people who have calorie conscious keep avoiding this curry though they carve for it!
here is the simple recipe just replace panner with boiled egg and I bet you will love it!
Boiled eggs-5( if you want to make with panner you will need Paneer/tofu -1 block, appx.2 cups of cubes)
Onion - 1 medium-sized one, chopped fine
garlic cloves - 2
Tamarind- half lemon size
Dhania powder/malli podi/Coriander powder - 1 tbsp
Garam masala - 1 tsp
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Tomato paste- 1 tbsp (or 1 tomato, pureed)
Kasuri methi/dried fenugreek leaves - 1 generous pinch
cinnamon stick-1 small
bay leaf-1 big
Cream - 2ts
Oil - 3 tbsp
Salt - to taste
- Boil and remove shell from the egg and keep them side.
- Prepare the masala paste by grinding together tamarind+ sesame+ coriander powder+ cumin powder+ginger+ garlic+ kasuri methi. ( add little water while grinding, and make a fine paste).
- Now take a pan and melt butter add bay leaf, cumin seeds, cinnamon stick, and saute it.
- Add onions + geen peas and cook until onion turn transparent and add turmeric.
- Add tomato puree and little water and cook until raw flavor of tomato disappears.
- Now add the prepared masala + salt + red chili powder+ coconut milk and cream and cook for a while. Add water if required.
- Finally add eggs (you can dice the egg white like panner cubes / just maketwo half's and add)
- Add little garam masala at the end and garnish with cilantro.
The very rich masaladar and creamy egg butter masala is ready to serve. you can enjoy this with bagara/ biryani/ rice/roti.
hope you like my recipe. please leave your valuable comment and tell me when you try this recipe.