I remember my mom used to make it when ever she made a biryani/bagara in my home. I love this curry.
capsicum has very unique flavor, when blended with masala it comes out more flavorful.
Here is the recipe,
Capsicum chopped into long pieces-3cups
Chopped onions-1/4cup and 1/4 cup
chopped cilantro/coriander-1/2 cup
Fresh coconut slices-1/2 cup
dry coconut powder -2ts
Cumin seeds/ jeera-1/2ts
Chana dal/split gram dal/ senaga pappu-1ts
Urad dal/split black garm dal/minapa pappu-1ts
Ginger 1 inch piece
Cumin and coriander powder-1ts
garlic 2 cloves
Salt to taste
cardamom- 3 cloves
bay leaves-2 big
Tamarind- 1/2 lemon size
vegetable oil/ butter-3ts
- Heat 1ts of oil in a pan and add all spices cinnamon + cardamom + cloves + bay leaves and saute until they change color under medium flame.
- Now add cumin seeds + mustard seeds + urad dal + chana dal + red chili and saute until they splutter.
- Toss in onions + green chili + ginger + garlic + cumin and coriander powder+ salt +cilantro and coconut slices and saute until the onion turn transparent.
- Take all this mixture in a Mixer and grind them into fine paste along with tamarind.
- Now take a pan and heat 2ts of oil and add remaining 1/4 cup onions and saute until they turn transparent.
- Toss in chopped capsicum and green peas and cook under medium flame by closing lid.
- when the capsicum is cooked add the grinded mixture to the capsicum and mix well add water if required.
- cook this mixture under medium flame until oil starts leaving the mixture.
- Finally add a pinch of garam masala if you wish to be too spicy, other wise garnish with cilantro and the curry is ready to serve.
Hope you like my recipe. Leave your valuable feedback and plz come back again :)
Nice gravy ...looks delish.ReplyDelete
Simply delicious...perfect with rice n rotiReplyDelete
Delicious n flavorful ~ the color is so appetyzing!ReplyDelete
Wow!! such a yummy looking curry.. inviting and colorful as well..ReplyDelete
The colors are so rich.
thnQ frnds for lovely comments:)ReplyDelete
Super colorful and flavorful curry..ReplyDelete
Event: Healing Foods - Banana
Lovet he gravy, so tempting :)ReplyDelete
Inviting n tempting curry..looks delicious!!ReplyDelete
Very tempting masala, simply inviting..ReplyDelete
Very tempting curry irresistible with biryani.ReplyDelete
What a beautiful and healthy masala! Its really full of delicious falvor!ReplyDelete
So delicious .. love capsicum.ReplyDelete
Event: Dish it Out - Spinach and Garlic
Event: Healthy Lunchbox Ideas - Broccoli
The gravy looks so colorful and flavorful.ReplyDelete
looks very tempting....and what a color for the gravy!ReplyDelete
Even i just love the flavor of capsicum:-) Wud love to try this delicious curry soon in my kitchen:-) Thank u for stopping by my space and for your lovely comments..You have a good collection here ..Glad to follow you.ReplyDelete
simply delicious and looks so colorful !!ReplyDelete
thnQ frnds for stopping by and leaving your lovely comments :)ReplyDelete