Kada remedy for cold and cough

Well friends you all know there is an event going in my blog " Home made remedy recipes" for this my first entry is kada. It is traditional North Indian remedy for cold and cough. You can make it and store it in refrigerator for one week. It is pretty tasty though. It gives you a sort of relief from sore throat, unblocks your nose, decongests your chest, and provides some relief from cough.

Recipe for 1.5 cups:
3 cups water
1.5 inch of ginger pound or grated or sliced
fine 4 cloves
1 inch Cinnamon
5 green cardamom
7 black pepper corns (coarsely ground)
2 tbsp of Fennel seeds
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1 tbsp sugar

Directions:
Boil all the ingredients together until water reduces to half the original volume. Strain and drink HOT. If you want to add more taste, mix a little milk (about 2 tbsp for 1 cup kada). You can also add tea leaves & milk into it and drink it like masala chai. I usually make quite a bit and keep the left over unstrained kada in the fridge. It keeps well for up to a week.

Comments

  1. Very useful, thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. very useful post... thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very useful and lovely recipe.

    Cuisine Delights
    My Monthly Event - Spotlight : "Lunchbox Ideas".

    ReplyDelete
  4. best remedy for cold and sore throat..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very helpful and nice cold remedy..thanks for posting..
    Anjana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thnak you everyone for the yummy comments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thnak you everyone for the yummy comments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thnak you everyone for the yummy comments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. AnonymousMay 27, 2012

    I seriously love your site.. Excellent colors & theme.
    Did you develop this web site yourself? Please reply back as I'm wanting to create my very own website and would love to learn where you got this from or exactly what the theme is called. Many thanks!
    My website > free outback steakhouse coupons

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am pregnant, can i drink this kada for treating my cold and flu. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am pregnant, can i drink this kada for treating my cold and flu. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do not know Cazzz, if it suits for pregnant ladies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice blog.Liked your blog.Thanks for sharing.
    from - chennaiflowers.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice post.Visit was useful and informative.
    Visit our site ; www.puneflowersdelivery.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi can this be used for infants <1 year old?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I got each and every solution for my chronic sore throat from Web Health Network. They're the best in this field. you should read there work too at: http://webhealthnetwork.com/symptom/7-1183/chronic-sore-throat

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for this useful recipe

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hiya very cool website!! Guy .. Beautiful .. Wonderful .. I�ll bookmark your blog and take the feeds also�I am satisfied to search out so many useful information right here within the post, we want work out extra techniques on this regard, thank you for sharing. Our site

    ReplyDelete
  19. I�m not sure where you�re getting your information, but great topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more. Thanks for fantastic information I was looking for this information for my mission. look at this now

    ReplyDelete
  20. This information is meaningful and magnificent which you have shared here about the asthma treatment. I am impressed by the details that you have shared in this post and It reveals how nicely you understand this subject. I would like to thanks for sharing this article here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by GOOD FOOD RECIPES
Bookmark this blog, or subscribe via email, the recipes will reach your inbox
Do not forget to like me on Facebook and follow me on twitter :)
Please come back again :)
your DD :)