Pudina kobbarai /coconut chutney (pacchadi) is the is my favorite chutney after gongura chutney. I enjoy this chutney with rice/roti/idli/dosa/ even in bread sandwich. It is very simple to prepare. I'm sending this to Roti puchadi/chutney by Shrav's Culinary Concepts.
Fresh coconut shreadad-1 cup
Green chili-4 in number
Tamarind-1/2 lemon size
split black gram-1/4ts
Salt to taste
Whole Red chili-1
- Wash the Pudina/ Mint leaves and keep them aside.
- Dry roast the cumin and coriander seeds.
- Heat 1 ts of oil in a skillet and fry Mint leaves in it, after the mint leaves are nicely fried take them out and keep aside.
- Now heat 1ts of oil in the same pan and fry green chili and keep them aside.
- Take the Mixe jar and add roasted cumin seeds + coriander seeds+ pudina + green chili.
- To the same jar add fresh grated coconut + salt + garlic cloves and grind them finely.
- Finally prepare tempering, take a skillet and heat 2ts of oil in it, and add cumin seeds + mustard seeds+ chana dal + black gram dal and whole red chili.
- Add this tempering to pudina chutney, & the chutney is ready to serve.
Hope you all like my recipe, for the better taste use kitchen mortar (rokali/kalwam) and grind the chutney coarsely.