When I was baking Pizza was left with some yeast mixture. Then I thought to experiment with it.
Immediately I remembered Deepa's (Hamaree Rasoi) Dry fenugreek buns and bumped into her blog to find the basic recipe for buns. Her recipe was the best. I took the basic ingredients form it and prepared these buns they turned out superb. Here comes the recipe for custard Buns/ Sweet Buns.
All purpose flour/Maida- 3cups
Dry active Yeast- 1ts
- Take all purpose flour in a mixing bowl and add sugar + Custard Powder + Salt and mix well.
- Now heat the milk to luke-warm( when you dip, it should not hurt your finger), add dry active yeast and wait for 20min.
- Pour this yeast mixture and butter onto the flour and mix them till they blend very well. Now knead to form a soft dough.
- Transfer this dough to a greased bowl and spread some oil on the top of the dough.
- Rest this dough for about 1hr by covering with damp cloth.
- Now you will see the dough doubles in size. Punch the dough and knead it.
- Rest this dough for an another 10min.
- Mean while pre-heat the oven to 350F or 180C.
- Now knead the dough again, and divide the dough into 8 equal parts.
- Transfer them on to a greased baking tray, press some sesame seeds on top of each dough-let and brush with some olive oil.
- Bake them for about 10-15min or until they turn golden brown.
- After removing the buns from the oven, brush them with butter/ olive oil for extra shine.
- Serve them with tea.
- Here deepa also suggested one wonderful tip to keep the buns soft & just like you find in restaurants cover them with damp cloth.
I would like to thank Deepa for the basic recipe. Hope you all like my recipe. Keep visiting my blog for more recipes :)