Every one has memories linked with these puff's. Puffs are the main course during batheKHANA in college canteen....
For our batch, canteen used to be the main adda....one coke and one puff khoob saree gossips!!!!!!!!!.....college life ho tho aisa!!!!!!!......
I'm sure you will remember your college day's too...every one will have such memories that bond with these puffs....hmmmm enough now I'm lost in nostalgia!!!!!!! let's see the recipe,
Puff pastry sheet-1 full sheet (makes 8 pastries)
Potato pealed and thinly sliced-1/4 cup
Onions finely chopped-1cup
Eggs boiled and de-shelled-4
2ts vegetable oil
aginamoto / salt to taste
- Take the sheet out of the refrigerator before 30min and allow it to come down to room temperature.
- Meanwhile prepare curry, take a pan and heat 2ts of vegetable oil and add onions and potatos at once and mix well.
- cook this until potatos are completely cooked under medium flame.
- Now add pepper powder + turmeric + aginamoto / salt.
- Turn off the stove when the curry is done, and spread the curry in a plate to cool it.
- Take the pastry sheet and roll it with pizza roller/ chapati roller, do not make the sheet too thick or too thin it should be medium.
- cut the sheet in to 8 equal parts.
- Grease the baking tray with oil/ cover with aluminium foil and grease it.
- Pre heat the oven at 450F.
- Sprinkle little chat masala if you wish on the top of the sheet and with the help of spoon scoop little curry on to each pastry sheet.
- never add hot curry to the pastry sheet as it causes the butter in the sheet to melt.
- now make the egg into two parts by cutting it length wise.
- Place half egg on the pastry sheet which is already filled with curry and close it.
- Bake at 450F for 15-20min and enjoy with green chutney/ tomato sauce
hope you like my recipe plz leave your feedback...:)