Bitter gourd pieces--2cups
Dry Coconut power---2ts
Fenugreek/menthu seed powder-1ts
- Chop the bitter gourd as shown.
- Take a non stick pan and heat 2ts of oil in it.
- Add cumin+mustard+red chili and wait until they splutter
- later add Onions+green chili and wait cook until they turn tender
- Add Ginger garlic paste and turmeric to onions and mix them
- cook until raw flavor of ginger disappears.
- Now add bitter gourd pieces and mix well
- Cook this mixture for about 15min under medium to high flame, by tossing them in between
- when the bitter gourd is completely cooked add tamarind water and cook for few min.
- Then add sesame/till/nuvvulu powder +chili powder+salt+sugar+coriander powder+fenugreek seed powder+coconut powder and mix it nicely...add water if required.
- Cook this mixture in simmer in a closed vessel.
- Finally garnish with cilantro and enjoy with rice.
The bitter flavor of bitter gourd vanishes becoz of tamarind, sugar and fenugreek seed powder...i used to hate the bitter taste of this vegetable and never had it...but one day my mother to prepared this and made me to eat..from then this became my fav.....hope u too like it...if u like my recipes keep visiting my blog and leave ur valuable comment :)